TWW Race Reports

Check out our antics at the races!!! Or if you're having trubble sleeping...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

2007 NVDC Race Reports


Doug Rea * Patrick Meyer * Matt Leonard


Peter Sterlacci's race report:

My result was not what I expected 34/35, but a pretty bad mechanical early in the race kept me on the side of the trail for a good 20+ minutes. I virtually called it a day when all the other race categories whizzed on by as I sat there cursing my bike. I finally got the bike working again and took off. I figured at least I would finish this damn thing.

I wound up passing a lot of people, but then again these were all the beginner classes. I can honestly say that even with 3 years of not racing I am clearly not a beginner. There is a HUGE difference between the beginner class and sport. I was just cruising past people on the climbs, downhills, etc. It was kind of a nice feeling as in my typical Sport races I generally wind up settling into the position I most likely finish in. In any case, I was hoping to eventually catch up with Doug Rea, but alas he wound up crossing the line 2 minutes before me. (Thanks Doug for at least asking if I was OK when you saw me on the side of the trail.).
I was super surprised to see that I actually did not finish last so I must of passed 1 guy in my category. Before the mechanical I was feeling really good and even had Matt Leonard in sight -- about 5 or so bikes up ahead of me. Assuming all else had gone well I may have actually finished in just under 2 hours (my goal for the day) -- but, hey, that's racing!! See you at the next CCCX race on 5/19.

Peter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home