TWW Race Reports

Check out our antics at the races!!! Or if you're having trubble sleeping...

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

CCCX Downhill - By Rafael Ruis



I'll keep this one short. It was a nice TWW turnout with Rich, Scott, Erik,
Jeff, Dan, Patrick, and many other friends showing up.

Anyways, I'm entered in the regular DH and the SS cats. So I do one practice
run on each bike, and on the second practice run, I got up to hammer and test
the legs in the uphill section, but I feel the same cramp from yesterday's
grasshopper. Oops, oh well, its not that bad. The race came and went with too
much brake checking. The runs weren't that good at all, and kinda
disappointing, but I stayed up, and had a great time with the TWW guys and bbq.
I didn't do well at all for the day's race, but I ended up in 2nd for the
overall singlespeed, and in a tie for 3rd for the beginners, despite missing
half the races. I realized I have many DH weaknesses to work on, but I'll be
back! When it comes to a 3.5 minute race, I need to learn how to let it go and
take more risks. I'm used to xc/endurance racing where you take a lot less
risks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home