TWW Race Reports

Check out our antics at the races!!! Or if you're having trubble sleeping...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pilarcitos #2 Race Report by Matt Leonard


Man, what a great day. It was so nice not to have to get up super early and drive an hour and a half to a race for a change. I showed up at candlestick around 11 and ran in to Bob who had already finished his race. After I registered I went and rolled around the course to check it out.

Jeff came up behind me and chatted for awhile (weren't you supposed to be racing!) I hung around a little bit longer and ran in to Rob and Steve who bought kits at the sea otter. It was nice to have some other TWW jerseys out there in the Bs. Anyway, we went and warmed up during the mens A race for awhile then headed over to the start.

I lined up about midpack this weekend, much better than at soquel. The guy said go and I felt like I actually got a good start. I'm a little nervous in the crazy tight group like that though. I am reluctant to pass for fear of causing an accident, so I just sort of settle in until the group thins out. But once we got going, I felt like I was in a good spot. I was riding with a webcore guy and one of Isaias's Ritchey buddies for about the first lap and a half.

I ended up dropping my chain somewhere in the second lap and a huge group went by which sucked. But I got back on and caught up to most of them, even passing a few. But, that didn't last long. I dropped my chain at least 2 more times and never was able to catch up to anyone.

I figured when I came across the line, I was dead last for sure. But people kept telling me there were people behind me. Didn't feel like it. After looking at the results, I was dead last on the lead lap. So not too bad considering I had a few unplanned stops during the race. All in all, it was a good time. I feel like I'm in the right category if I'm not getting lapped. And if I can keep my chain on and not flat, I think that will get me closer to midpack. Not too bad considering to top couple guys or so are cat 1/2 roadies.

Thanks to Julie for the water, and to Jeff and Paule for yelling at me for smiling. I got a few cheers from Isaias until the recovery drinks to precedent over watching the B race. Can't wait for next week.

Matt
38/44 6 laps at 51:08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home