TWW Race Reports

Check out our antics at the races!!! Or if you're having trubble sleeping...

Monday, December 01, 2008

CCCX CX - Prunedale - 11/23/08


Gin looked at the CCCX CX results from last Sunday and saw my little
sandbagmanship. I've been wanting to check out the Prunedale venue
(Manzanita Park) for a couple of years now, but Riley had a Soccer
tournament game at 11am. My compromise was to race Mens C's at 9am
(at least it's all ages, so includes some guys close to half my
age). I started mid-pack and ended up picking off most of the field
by the third lap, and passing the 2nd place guy (I never even saw the
first place guy the whole race). 2nd place and I actually traded
places a few times in the last lap, and he got me in the final uphill
sprint. Before I bolted out of there, I congratulated him on the
great battle, explained I had moved to B 35's last year, and to tell
the guy who took 4th that he really deserved 3rd :-) (so at least I
fessed up).

Spectactular weather, fun course with some fast DH sections, well run
race - nice way to spend a Sunday morning. Reading on the
bayareacyclocross list, sounds like there were a couple of bad
crashes, including one heli-vac, but sounds like all are recovering
OK, which is good.

I'm digging my CX bike w/suspension...
-Schlachter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home