TWW Race Reports

Check out our antics at the races!!! Or if you're having trubble sleeping...

Monday, December 01, 2008

Pilarcitos #4 - Golden Gate Park - 11/30/08


Wow - REALLY awesome weather in SF yesterday, combined with a really fun CX course in the middle of Golden Gate Park, to make one really nice way to spend Sunday morning. Shaney and the boys joined me and cheered me on. The course was, as I had heard, a fair amount of single track - which was really niiiiiice. Two spots with barriers on uphill slopes made for forced run-ups, but they were pretty short. As usual, the Pilaritos folks are very well organized, and run a great race. Once again I found myself in a sprint to the finish - once again on a stretch of uphill pavement - and once again I couldn't pull it off. Damn it - I suck at sprinting! It was fun though, and made for an exciting ending.
This sprint started with me being right behind this one guy as we hit the pavement on the final stretch to the finish, but then quickly included my buddy Eric Sterner who saw us from the corner of his eye about to overtake him. Fun ending, but would have been more fun if I got those two guys... :-) Yesterday was my first race on my new tubeless setup - 40psi front and rear was very niiiiice, and had no issues... Results already posted - once again I'm mid-packish in Master Men 35+ B's, but at least this time moving every so slightly towards the top (instead of dead-center mid-pack, which is more typical of me this year): 32nd/73. (missing 30th by probably less than a few 10ths of a second... dangit).

http://www.pilarcitos.com/results/CrossResults/2008/GGP.html

Next race is this Sunday at Coyote Point, which is another fun venue - and has a beach area and a nice playground for the kids and/or picknicking afterwards. I's the last Pilarcitos race.

-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home